We have some great news! HE is finally here on earth:) If you remember, we didn't find out the sex of our third child, so it was truly exciting to see him come out. He was born on April 30, 2008 at 4:13am in Orem Community Hospital. He weighed 7lbs. and 6ozs. and measured 19 inches long. 4 days early, not too bad.
His official name is... we don't know yet. But we are leaning towards Helam for his first name and Kawai (pronounced with a "soft w") for his middle name. Nice and simple, like Kaleo says.
The labor was fairly strange, like I had contractions all day Tuesday (April 29) for about 30 seconds, but they were 10-20 minutes apart, CONSISTENTLY! It drove me crazy. Then, once I went into labor that night, maybe around midnight- everything went pretty quick. We went to the hospital around 2am, checked in at 2:35 and were dilated to a 6. Got a light epidural (that didn't really work)- and had him in 3 pushes around 4am. That was the good and easy part, believe it or not.
About 45 minutes later, while waiting for the placenta to release, I started bleeding out, and when they started having to weigh the blood, (because there was so much)- I knew something was wrong, but passed out. But I hear that there was massive blood loss, more than 4 litres. They called my midwife back, who brought in a doctor, and he reached back into my uterus and rearranged it, which is what slowed the bleeding and saved the day. So, I got another epidural for that procedure, got pumped FULL of fluid and a blood transfusion, and am recovering. Having someone reach back into your uterus kind of feels like getting beat up in your stomach.
So, it's been slow, but Kaleo was great. He took off over a week from work, and I never got out of bed until at least 3pm. I took alot of painkillers that week, and drank at least 2 full bottles of Noni Juice, and amazingly, got through it all feeling pretty good. We are so happy to have our three children, and so grateful for all of everyone's prayers and happy thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i had no idea!! i'm glad ur ok!!
Post a Comment