I had to post a few pictures of the gorgeous MIA Shalom where I got to go with my LDS Church's Provo Central Stake Girls' Camp a few weeks ago. When I was first called to go as Ward YW Camp Director, I was all about the "YW" part of the work, but the "camp" part? Not so much. Nonetheless, this has proved a valuable experience for me thus far. I haven't been this mentally, emotionally, and physically stretched in quite a while. Seriously, 13-14 year olds are the best! Also, I now have a detailed camping "supply list" of must-haves for yours truly! ( Including, of course- a cot, solar shower, super high-quality sleeping bag, and tons of wool socks and insect repellant, among others ) I also managed to make it through with no crazy symptoms or illness:) Thank you Kaleo, mom, and Cheryl for keeping me sane and comfortable.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
MIA Shalom
I had to post a few pictures of the gorgeous MIA Shalom where I got to go with my LDS Church's Provo Central Stake Girls' Camp a few weeks ago. When I was first called to go as Ward YW Camp Director, I was all about the "YW" part of the work, but the "camp" part? Not so much. Nonetheless, this has proved a valuable experience for me thus far. I haven't been this mentally, emotionally, and physically stretched in quite a while. Seriously, 13-14 year olds are the best! Also, I now have a detailed camping "supply list" of must-haves for yours truly! ( Including, of course- a cot, solar shower, super high-quality sleeping bag, and tons of wool socks and insect repellant, among others ) I also managed to make it through with no crazy symptoms or illness:) Thank you Kaleo, mom, and Cheryl for keeping me sane and comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I went to MIA Shalom for girls camp a few years ago when I was the ward camp director (that's why we started going to the Samoan ward :) Anyway, my kids are going to be back on Thursday so lets get together sometime. I'm going to take them to the Scera pool on Friday if you guys want to join us!
Girl, you're too funny! That place is awesome. We use to go there for our YW camps. Fun place!
Post a Comment