Wednesday, February 19, 2014
SUGAR CHALLENGE 2014
Good news for our family- the children and myself decided to engage in a Sugar Challenge! We already know Americans consume way too much sugar. I found our family fitting right in with the SAD Diet, (Standard American Diet) and am not pleased with myself. I couldn't help recall from our Family Physician and many reading materials how awful excessive sugar is for your health. I decided to pay my children $1 a day to stay away from sugar (and all of it's evil fakers) for an entire year. That's a potential $365.00 for those children who chose to take on the challenge.
We charge them a hefty fee (we just take it away from the running balance) for any opportunity to partake of sugar, and we have many options for them to sweeten their food. We started this just four days ago, and they are amazing! I thought for sure I would have gremlins on my hands, but they are willing to just eat other food. Plus, just in the beginning, I am giving them some leeway with chips, lunchmeat, and honey sweetened treats that they usually don't get. I hope this will help them ease off of their sweet-tooths!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment