Saturday, January 7, 2012

Raw Day 2- January 6, 2012 (Friday)

Today I felt the need to go to the store, because I had so little produce in our fridge. I was nervous that I couldn't make enough to satisfy my upcoming hunger... So, right after aerobics (yes, I went right back to the place where my windshield was smashed in) I ran over to Sunflower and picked up some tomatoes (alot, actually,) lemons, grapefruits, apples, and cilantro. This, to go with the blueberries, pineapple, spinach, organic cabbage, and nuts I already picked up at another store. Okay, just typing this makes me sound a little produce crazy. But, in my defense I have a family to feed healthy too! Oh yeah, before working out, I had a small (about 12 oz.) green smoothie with spinach, one apple, one banana, and a squeeze of Barleans's omega swirl in it. By lunch, I figured I should eat something, but wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be. I had maybe 3 celery sticks and 3 carrot sticks' worth of raw veggies cut up. I forget what else, shoot. I better remember to actually blog every day or I will forget. But, I do know that throughout the afternoon I had another apple, and a cup of blueberries. I felt fine most of the day, a little monthly lower back pain, but surprisingly little hunger. Okay, I noshed on a package of cherry tomatoes too. By dinner, my stomach was feeling a little empty- but I didn't even really crave anything. I just had a smallish romaine, spinach, and tomato salad with "Sundrenchers" Catalina (raw) dressing. That dressing is sweet! It tasted good. While watching our regular Friday night flick, I had dried cherries and almonds, maybe 10 cherries and 20 almonds. Later on, I also ate a frozen banana, sliced. It had a sorta weird taste, I can't tell if it was freezer burn? Or just my banana. Hmmnn, creamy and satisfying though. I made it through this day really well. I know it was at least partly due to Kaleo still being off school and work still. He has been feeding the kids (and himself) so that I don't have to be in the kitchen as much, so I can avoid temptation.

No comments: