Wednesday, January 25, 2017
3rd time is the charm!- part one
I was finishing up a family Sunday supper a few days ago when things started to go South. My delectable yellow cake with rich chocolate frosting all of a sudden began to hurt, like a fist cementing itself into my gut. I slowly re-tasted everything from the meal and recalled how the pork ribs had an odd texture at one point. I pushed away from the dinner table and sat on the couch, feeling worse and worse. I slept fitfully, and by morning- had lost my appetite (mostly due to the pain.) After wrenching myself out of bed and mindlessly driving my youngest two to school, I sat down on the computer to research my "symptoms." By this time, I was experiencing shortness of breath and the piercing pain reached through my body to my back (mid-high back.) These two symptoms present pretty badly for a woman of my age and health, so I decided to call my brother Kimo. He works in the ER of the local hospital and unfortunately has been hospitalized recently with similar symptoms. After a short description, he admonished me to go into the ER now. So, I went. The pain was tough, but not ridiculously so. When asked how it was on a scale of 1-10, I faltered for a minute before I answered 2...solid 2. Looking back, it was 4 or 5 easily. Lol. I have a difficult time with guageing pain.
As I laid on the hospital bed, room 6- I remember it vividly- I received a text. The words "Is everything ok Tepoe?" glowed back at me from my cell phone. I was shocked to see that it was from my friend Lara. Now Lara and I hadn't really hung out in years, but had recently kind of come back into each others' lives when my 12 year old went back to school after homeschooling for quite a few years. Our daughters rekindled their childhood friendship and we ran into each other at various school events and such. Tears began to flow as I timidly texted "Well...funny you should ask. I'm in the ER waiting for results of an EKG, Ultrasound, and CT." I then proceeded to question her with "I'm curious what made you ask me that this morning?" (Knowing full well it was the power of God inspiring her through the Holy Spirit- to check on me.) I poured out the stresses of my life to her and noted that she had passed through my mind that very morning because I didn't feel well and thought that I should either fast or drink only freshly made juice. She quietly responded that I came into her mind and she felt like she should ask. This simple experience unleashed a waterfall of impressions that I know came from my Father in Heaven. Only God could extend his tender mercies in such a way as to pierce my heart and flood my soul with love and care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment