Thursday, January 12, 2012
Raw Day 6: Tuesday January 10, 2012
AAAAHHHHHH! Just when I started to tell people that I am eating only raw food for a while, I fall off the wagon. Not the biggest deal though, I even just let myself do it. I wanted to try everything at the Taster's Club- especially since it is my activity, and I invited people to just bring whole food healthy recipes, not necessarily raw. So, I did it. I ate food that was cooked. I tried a little of everything that was brought. Luckily, there were at least 5 raw dishes there! The timeline went something like this: 9am- green smoothie. 11am- grape tomatoes and some of my chocolate "cream" pie filling / pudding. 12:30- Taster's Club samplers:) There was black bean burgers (I ate half of one,) chocolate smoothie, raw chowder w/ sesame seeds on top, cranberry chutney over steel cut oats, non-dairy pizza topped w/ zuchinni, peas, and mushrooms (yummy- probably because I fed my bread craving with the crust,) green salad w/ a nut & shoyu dressing, raw banana-chocolate cream pie, apples, and grape tomatoes. It was such a delicious lunch:) I love the Taster's Club- where else can you go to meet up with great people who are trying to feed their families healthy food? It is a great place to exchange ideas, try new recipes, and feel good about your efforts! 4pm- blueberries and almonds. 6:30pm- PORK ROAST!!!! Aaahhhh! For me, this felt worse than sampling Taster's Club food. I felt sneaky, then realized that I wasn't foolin' anyone but myself. So, I ate a small portion, and just tried to enjoy it. It tasted good, you know- meaty, salty, rich (I had made gravy too.) My family liked it, but didn't eat many veggies. I don't know, I tried to enjoy it, but it didn't feel the same as usual. Probably because I still feel guilty about it a little. I also still want to eat bread. Oh yeah, I also worked out yesterday with Corrie (my trainer) and tonight at Stake Zumba. Emily led, and I really like her style. I even did a half hour of toning and sweated it all out at the sauna in 24 Hr. Fitness. That reminds me- 11pm- 8 oz. of green smoothie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment